Social Media Disclaimer
The opinions or views expressed on OEA’s social media platforms, including but not limited to, the Website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and blogs, represent the thoughts of individual users and online communities, and not necessarily those of OEA or any of its corporate partners, affiliates and subsidiaries or any of their respective directors, officers, employees, staff or members of its respective board of directors. The opinions and views expressed on these pages do not in any way reflect the views of the site they are posted on, other sites affiliated with the site, the staff involved with maintaining the site or any members of the site. By submitting content (defined as materials, advice, representations, opinions and views) to any of OEA’s social media platforms, you understand and acknowledge that this information is available to the public, and that you are allowing OEA, and its associates, to have a permanent right to use your comments for OEA business purposes including, but not limited to, internal and external promotions. This could include using, republishing, reproducing, distributing, changing or displaying the comments across OEA products and other websites without restriction from time of submission in perpetuity. Furthermore, OEA:
- Does not control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness or completeness of information contained on a linked website. Content is provided “as is”.
- Does not endorse organizations who sponsor linked websites, or the views they express, or the products and/or services they offer.
- Cannot and does not authorize the use of copyrighted materials contained in linked websites.
- Users must request such authorization from the sponsor of the linked website.
Users must obtain consent from every identifiable person who appears in posted materials, or post in a manner in which faces are blurred.
- Facebook provides a platform to deliver advertising, but the opinions and or views expressed by OEA are not representative of Facebook, Inc.
- OEA manages Facebook advertising on its own behalf. The opinions and or views expressed from such campaigns are not representative of Facebook, Inc.
Control of content
While OEA makes reasonable efforts to monitor and moderate content posted on its social media platforms, neither OEA nor its employees or other affiliated individuals have the ability to moderate all comments at all times, and cannot always respond immediately to online requests for information. OEA reserves the sole right to review, edit and/or delete any comments it deems inappropriate. Comments including, but not limited to, the following may be deleted or edited if deemed inappropriate or irrelevant by the moderators:
- Abusive or hurtful comments about a user or another participant;
- Comments that violate the privacy of any individual
- Off-topic and redundant comments (this includes promotion or solicitation of events, groups, pages, websites, organizations, products and programs not related to or affiliated with OEA)
- Comments that use foul language or “hate speech” (for example, including but not limited to religious, racial, ethnic or gender-bashing language)
- Personal attacks or defamatory statements or comments (i.e. making negative personal, speculative or untrue comments about a participant), instead of just criticizing his/her posting, opinion or comments
- Comments that violate the privacy of any individual
- Comments that are derogatory characterizations of any religious, ethnic, racial, gender, professional, age or religious groups
- Content that defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about other people, products or companies
- Comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity
- Comments that reference any claims or share personal, account or policy information
- Comments or links to sites that contain viruses or malicious software
All links to external websites found on OEA social media platforms are provided as a service and convenience to readers. We make no representation concerning the content, quality, timeliness, safety or suitability of their contents, nor are we liable for the content or availability of external websites. OEA and its associates make no endorsement, expressed or implied, to any hypertext links, and as such are not responsible for the content of external Websites.
You participate at your own risk, and are responsible for the content you post and all activity that occurs under your accounts. Do not misrepresent yourself or take on the identity of someone else while using this social media platform. If you feel that someone has misrepresented your identity on a social media platform, please email email@example.com and we will look into it as soon as possible. If you do not wish to have the information you have made available via a social media platform used, published, copied and/or reprinted in social media or hard copy newsletters and marketing material, please do not post on our social media platforms or submit comments or feedback.
If another party makes a claim against OEA that is related to the comments you submit, or to your use of this service, you agree to indemnify and hold OEA, its affiliates, and each of their subsidiaries, officers, agents, employees, partners and licensors harmless from those claims or demands.
No communication to OEA through this social media shall be deemed to constitute legal or official notice for any purpose.